The VICTAS Community Transport Association (VTCTA) is the peak body representing community transport providers in the States of Victoria and Tasmania. We lead advocacy for improved community transport across the States in accordance with our vision of community transport flourishing in a free market environment. We are the voice of community transport representing our members and supporting them to provide excellent service across Victoria and Tasmania.
We advocate on behalf of community transport providers across Victoria and Tasmania, highlighting the importance of their role, and the function of community transport, in developing more socially inclusive communities in Victoria and Tasmania. We seek to influence transport policy and contribute to public awareness of the importance of access to transport for all people in the community. We support our members through providing timely information, education and advice. We work in collaboration with our members to improve the quality of community transport and to achieve standards of excellence in the sector.
We aim to:
- Represent the views of the community transport sector with State and Federal Governments to influence resource and infrastructure
- Empower our members through leadership and support, to build high quality and sustainable local transport services;
- Promote community transport across the community;
- Enhance capacity and sustainability of members;
- Collaborative with Government, other transport providers, transport advocates and service providers, to improve access and mobility for people who are transport disadvantaged.
We strive to;
- Assume a leadership role in ongoing influence of Local, State and Federal Government policy
- Ensure sustainability and relevance of VTCTA in the new paradigm
- Generate capacity for significant growth and market competitiveness within sector membership
The new paradigm represents a future free market environment.
Our members are organisations and people who provide community transport options or other associated services to assist people to participate in daily activities and community life in Victoria and Tasmania. The services target people who are disadvantaged in accessing transport, and support people with their mobility. Our member organisations are strongly linked with their local communities and understand the importance of developing local and flexible solutions to address individuals’ mobility needs. Our members may provide these services as part of a range of other community services, as a discrete service, or as a means to support people to access a range of services in the community. Our membership includes not-for-profit organisations, local government, volunteer and other organisations that provide community transport for people who are disadvantaged in accessing public and other transport.